Cyrus the Virus PUA

Have a question or a comment? Send me an email....

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Being Too Invested

I feel very outcome dependent when I go out on Match.com dates. I am trying to break this down and figure it out. I don't feel this way when I go out and do cold approach pick-up, so there must be something that is affecting my mindset. I think it's because I am too invested in the date (girl). What does this mean exactly? The following is going to sound very "cold" and "scientific", but its the easiest way to relay the concept and figure it out in my own head. It means I:
  • Drive to meet them (invest my time).
  • I pay for the drinks and appetizers (invest my money).
  • It feels like a "date" (invest my emotions).

So this has an impact on how I act during the night. I think I am a little more needy then usual. I might be a little too try hard. I want there to be a "payoff" at the end of the night. I want a "return" on my investment. And when I don't get it I feel like a failure.

Compare this to going on and doing cold approach pick-up. There is no investment other then my own in myself. I am spending my time to go out, my money on myself, and my emotions on myself to make myself happy. And if I end up getting laid at the end of the night, it's a great "return" on a minimal investment in her, and a major investment in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment